CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Yummy....

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread


DSC_2415
This bread is the bomb.  Pardon my cheesy word choice (I promise I haven’t said that since middle school, maybe), but I’ve seriously never had such rich, chocolate-y zucchini bread in my life.  I tried two recipes: one from Joy of Baking and the other from Taste of Home… this was the winner.
It’s quick to throw together and even faster to disappear if you have a hungry boyfriend and roommates like I do.  This is the third loaf I’ve made since Christmas… I highly recommend it!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Makes one 9×5 loaf
1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I found that mini chips work best)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray (or grease with butter/shortening).
In a mixer, combine your oil, sugars and vanilla. Mix in your eggs and shredded zucchini. In a separate bowl, sift together your flours, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add this dry mixture into your wet mixture. Beat until combined. Mix in your chocolate chips.
Scrape your batter prepared loaf pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
Recipe from Joy of Baking 
DSC_2394

No comments:

Post a Comment