CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rise Above

When you're content to settle for something  you  end up being average.
To say that Jesus doesn't like mediocrity is an understatement. Jesus said, "I know all the things you do, that  you are netiher hot or cold. I wish you were one or the other!But since you are like lukewarm water, I will spit you out of my mouth!"(Rev.3:15-16). Why does Jesus react so strongly! Because when we're mediocre is to go halfway. It's being average when you have the potential to be great. Ask any coach or parent. There's nothing more frustrating than watching someone with potential do nothing.
Jesus offers a life beyond anything we can imagine, yet often we hang on to our mediocre existence like a beggar grasping a loaf of bread when a feast awaits. Jesus won't force Himself on you, but He wants you to turn from your indifference, rise above your mediocrity, and be sold out of Him.
"I advise you to buy gold from me-
gold that has been purified by fire.
Then you will be rich."
REVELATION 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment