CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Carrot Napkin Bundles

This is so cute would like to share.. I like to find things and share with my friends here...
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Orange napkins (the large sized napkins)
- Green plastic cutlery
- Ties: ribbon, twine, twist ties, pipe cleaners, etc.
Hit a party supply store for a good selection of colored cutlery and napkins, or the Walmart party supply section is usually well stocked as well.
Open up your napkin and lay it flat on the table with the fold opening at the top
Take the bottom right hand corner and fold it up to the middle of the napkin
Place your cutlery on the opposite side.  I always put the knife in back, and the fork on top of the spoon.  Partially because the fork sits in the spoon nicely, and partly because I like that the fork looks the most like a carrot top :)
Start rolling from the left-hand side and roll the cutlery right up to the middle
Then grab the other side of the triangle and roll it the rest of the way around so you have a nice little carrot shaped bundle:
I like to tie them with a little green ribbon
But twine looks cute too, or if you want to go the super quick and easy route you can use pipe cleaners or even twist ties!  That last option is definitely the best if kids are putting these together.  I’ve used all 3 and they all look cute.
Lay them together in a basket and it doubles as adorable Easter decor on the table!
I’ve also used these as place cards before and they look great on both formal dinnerware (with real silverware) and disposable plates.  If you are doing something formal, I love these cute bunny napkins from Martha Stewart.
Isn’t it cool that target designed this whole line of dinnerware to match our blog?? They’re so nice.
Lastly, I’m going to leave you with this video.
You’ll have to tell us if it’s any good because Kate and I are both too weirded out watching ourselves to make it all the way through!  I do know you can hear lots of fun stuff like when I stabbed my own foot with a huge knife.
Good times people, good times!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. Now to find some orange napkins and green silver by Sunday :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra thanks for stopping by.. If you have a Dollar Tree they might have it? That is where I got mine.. I don't think you will have a problem... Good luck please let me know if you make them.. Blessings..

    ReplyDelete