CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

For now I'm going to start with Devotion for Today

STRETCH YOURSELF
Once in a while,set a goal that absolutely terrifies you.
If you reach every goal you set,your aren't setting the right kind of goals.Some people think that writing out a "to do"list every few days qualifies as goal setting. Sorry,that just doesn't cut it.A "to do "list is more like a series of of duties-things you need to get done just ot keep up with life.
By contrast, a goal is something that adds to your life by stretching you to accommplish something you didn't think you could do.Reaching goals takes time,and some goals require a lifetime to reach.If You've never set a goal that brings fear into your heart,you are missing out on one of the great joys of life.A Terrifying goal doesn't have to be dangerous(in fact,for liability purposes,we want to go on record as saying it shouldn't be dangerous)But it should stretch you so far that you wonder how you will ever reach it.
So we make it our goal to please him.
2 CORNITHIANS 5:9 NIV

3 comments:

  1. Streching and growing starts when we are born and doesn't stop until the Lord calls us home, that's for sure. *big smile* Have a great day growing in Him. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by.. Wow I have a comment now.. I'm in growing in the Lord every day.. thanks for stopping by..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sister Brenda
    My daddy used to tell me that if I reached my goals for the day, I didn't set them high enough. I must set mine high enough everyday because I rarely reach them all. :) My daddy is a very smart man!

    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete